January 3, 2011

1st 2011 project

I have decided that my first project for 2011 will be painting my kitchen. I like the color I have now but it has places that have scuffs and holes where I have moved pictures. So a fresh coat of paint is coming up for the kitchen. The hardest thing is deciding what color I am going to paint it.
I spent most of Saturday taking things off of the walls and putting away a few more decorations. I am just putting the decorations in my bonus room for now because I have to go back to work and I want to put them away a little more organized. I don't know about anyone else but I have to much and things have been stored everywhere because I get busy and then just put it where ever I can get it. In order to simplify I have looked in all of those hiding places and everything that was Christmas has been placed together. Now to go through everything and get it packed up nice and neat.
I have also been using my bonus room as a holding place for some other things that have been put on hold way to long. It has been great to get everything that should be stored together placed in designated areas and I know it will make getting things organized much easier. I have taken before pictures and will post some after pictures later.
Here are a few pictures of what it looks like now although the color doesn't show that well you can get the idea.



1 comment:

  1. That's a big project! I need to do that too, but I'll probably wait until summer vacation. We have to take wallpaper down before we can paint---yeccchhh! I want to start on the wallpaper now and slowly take it off, but hubs disagrees. I just might start without him! Nah, I won't really!

    ReplyDelete