December 17, 2010

Snowmen "Heads"

I thought I would share how I made the snowman heads. First you need Styrofoam balls, as you can see I got these at a steal. I have had these a couple of years and was going to just use them as snowballs before I found the snowmen.
Next you will need white Crayola model magic. I found this at Goodwill for .99 on a Saturday when everything was 50% off the price it was marked. Again a steal, when I made these last year I got it at Wal-Mart for a couple of dollars.
I wanted my snowmen to be different sizes but you could make yours the same size.
The amount you use will depend on the size of ball you are using

Flatten

Be careful not to make it too thin or you will get this!

Begin wrapping around the ball, you can add more if you don't have enough.
Forgot to show the nose but just like when you were in kindergarten make a small worm, press to the head, twist to a point to make the perfect snowman nose. After the model magic has dried use orange craft paint for the nose using end of a paintbrush make small dots for the eyes and mouth. I plan on adding earmuffs to mine this year using pompoms and a small piece of wire across the top. I will post a picture when I get that made.
Here is the link to where I found this project over at Simple Flourish she has some beautiful things. http://www.simpleflourishes.com/2008/09/papertrey-ink-september-blog-hop.html

This would be a simple and fun project for kids to make. Great for a gift.

I am linking to Just a Girl @ http://www.justagirlblog.com/




Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special

No comments:

Post a Comment