March 8, 2011

I Love my Dad

Rain, Rain, and more rain I haven't been able to take pictures of my items that I bought from Goodwill, they are in my garage now and by the time I get home most days it's to dark to get any good pictures. So I am blogging about my dad. I am so much like my dad, always wanting to build something or make something.  I definitely take after him. My dad makes some beautiful walking sticks, and knives using antlers that have been shed by deer.



 He even makes these to put them in (I'm sure they have some official name but I don't know what it is and my dad would probably kill me).
I also wanted to share a bowl that my dad made for me a couple of years ago. Here are a few pictures of how I have used it.




Love this bowl
 Pretty talented guy of course I am partial to the maker.

Hope you enjoyed seeing my inspiration to build, make, and create. Love my parents.
Maybe the weather will be better soon or I will get home before dark soon so I can take some pictures, but I think it is supposed to snow this week.
Spring can't be that far away can it? 

Because my dad is a Treasure to me I am linking up here:

My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet post. I can't believe he made that stuff. Have you seen what they charge for bowls like that in the PB catalog?!! Yours is better and has meaning.

    Take care,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky girl to a have a dad who is so talented!
    Have a Beautiful Day!

    ReplyDelete