December 1, 2011

Coffee Filter Wreath

I know these have been in blog land for a while but I finally made my own coffee filter wreath. I actually made a natural one for me, a white one for my mom, and another natural colored one for the craft show. The pictures are of the one I made for the craft show.

Here is what you will need: a wreath, coffee filters, a glue gun, and glue sticks.




I used a straw wreath for the natural colored ones I made and a white Styrofoam one for the white one I made for my mom


natural colored coffee filters - this package had 200 I use more than this with the first one I made but this was enough for the second one I made.


I used some natural colored wrapping paper to wrap the straw wreath. I thought this would give it a nicer look from the back. I know who is going to see the back?


See it is looking better already.


I used a 14" wreath


I found the center of the coffee filter and placed a good amount of hot glue and placed it on the wreath. I started from the outside of the wreath and worked my way to the inside. (this picture was taken of the first one I made see I didn't wrap it to start with, but I did go back and wrap the back side.



This is the beginning of the first row.



I started the second row leaving a space of about 1/2 inch between the first row.  I didn't do this on the first one I made and that is the reason it took more than 200 of the coffee filters. Keep doing this until you get to the center, I did three rows with this wreath and five rows with the first one I made. I think they both turned out fine, if you want a fuller wreath then glue the filters closer together.



Here she is the finished product. I will try to take a picture of the first one I made and add it in later but my battery for my camera is charging.


I added a piece of natural jute to hang the wreath. I just ran it in between the filters and tied it in a knot then spaced it about four inches and did the same thing.
I hope you like my coffee filter wreath, it wasn't hard to make but did take a couple of hours for me to make. I did get up and walk away a couple of times so it might not even take that long. Oh and the best part. . . it didn't cost a lot to make. I hope you will try one for yourself.

Have a blessed day.
Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment